Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my application?
- What kind of data is available to developers?
- Is there a sandbox environment?
- Are the Metro Bank APIs following a banking standard (e.g. Open Banking)?
- Does Metro Bank support payments by API?
- What is the on-boarding process for Metro Bank's fans that use my application?
- Can I partner with Metro Bank?
- How do I get help troubleshooting issues?
- What is the production URL?
- What is the URL to access Metro Bank's secure authentication portal?
- Which Account API should I use, previous or OB conformant?
- Which host URL I should use to obtain SSA and trigger register endpoint?
We have published AISP and PISP APIs closely inline with version 3.1.1 API specification of Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE). We are also continuing with our previously published Account APIs.
Details of the overall process to consume the APIs can be found at our overview page. Detail information of the API contract can be found at our Our APIs section.
Yes. We have published the APIs on our Sandbox environment.
The host URL to access the account and payment APIs on sandbox is https://sandbox.metrobankonline.co.uk.
The host URL for strong customer authentication on sandbox is https://sandbox.metrobankonline.co.uk/identity/v1/authorize.
The on-boarding process is fully automated.
When your application makes a request to the /authorize resource, the customer is redirected to Metro Bank's secure authentication portal.
The customer shall provide any necessary account consent and payment initiation consent via the portal. When that process is complete your application can make further account information and payment initiation requests. The details of the authentication and authorization set up process can be found at the Authorisation and Authentication section.
The host URL for strong customer authentication on production is https://scapip.metrobankonline.co.uk/portalserver/psd2/authorize.
The host URL to access the account and payment APIs on production is https://api.metrobankonline.co.uk.
If you are not yet registered with us, we would encourage you to use the account apis which are inline with version 3.1.1. read write specification of OBIE. You need to specifically request this service with our support team during registration process and they would guide you through the process.
If you are already registered with us, we would encourage you to plan to migrate to our new APIs. However, are not deprecating the existing APIs at the moment.