Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my application?
- What kind of data is available to developers?
- Is there a sandbox environment?
- Are the Metro Bank APIs following a banking standard (e.g. Open Banking)?
- Does Metro Bank support payments by API?
- What is the on-boarding process for Metro Bank's fans that use my application?
- Can I partner with Metro Bank?
- How do I get help troubleshooting issues?
The registration process is scheduled to open in June 2018 with the release of Metro Bank's PSD2 APIs. Our documentation here provides further information on the steps to take to register your application.
Metro Bank aims to provide a sandbox environment and APIs for you to develop against when the PSD2 APIs are released in June 2018.
Metro Bank is not currently registered with Open Banking (nor any other standard).
However, during the development of our APIs, Metro Bank has followed the Open Banking standard where currently applicable. You should find that registration, security requirements, API endpoints and payloads are closely matched (or identical to) with the Open Banking standard.
Metro Bank does not support payment APIs at this time.
We aim to release these at a later date.
The on-boarding process is fully automated.
When your application makes a request to the /authorize resource, the customer is redirected to Metro Bank's secure login portal.
The customer shall provide any necessary account consent via the portal. When that process is complete your application can make further account information requests.