Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my application?
- What is the on-boarding process for Metro Bank's fans that use my application?
- How do I get help for troubleshooting issues?
- Why am I receiving an error when I try to access PSD2 APIs (Account API v1, Account API v3.1.1, Payment API v3.1.1)?
- How do I approve (or reject) the developer request to join the company?
- How do developers register for access to the portal?
- Is the FCA Accounts Metrics API following a banking standard (e.g. Open Banking)?
- Is there a sandbox environment for the FCA Accounts Metrics API?
- What is the production URL for the FCA Accounts Metrics API?
- How do I register my application for the FCA Accounts Metrics API?
The on-boarding process is fully automated.
When your application makes a request to the /authorize resource, the customer is redirected to Metro Bank's secure authentication portal.
The customer shall provide any necessary account consent and payment initiation consent via the portal. When that process is complete your application can make further account information and payment initiation requests. The details of the authentication and authorization set up process can be found at the Authorisation and Authentication section.
We are using the Modified Customer Interface (MCI) as our TPP access interface. Therefore, to comply with regulations we have decommissioned our PSD2 APIs. These will not be available after 12th March 2020, which is why you might be receiving an error message. More information on our MCI solution and how to register can be found here.
As a company administrator, please navigate to Accounts after logging in to the Developer Portal and choose from the option to Accept or Reject the new developer's request to join your company.
If you are the first developer or your company administrator, you will receive automatic access upon registration. Any additional developers that have signed up would then need to go through an approval process by the company administrator, or whoever is the first developer to be signed up from the company.
No. We have not published any sandbox environment for this API as it is direct and straightforward.