Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I register my application?
- What kind of data is available to developers?
- Is there a sandbox environment?
- Are the Metro Bank APIs following a banking standard (e.g. Open Banking)?
- Does Metro Bank support payments by API?
- What is the on-boarding process for Metro Bank's fans that use my application?
- Can I partner with Metro Bank?
- How do I get help for troubleshooting issues?
- How do I approve (or reject) the developer request to join the company?
- How do developers register for access to the portal?
- Is the FCA Accounts Metrics API following a banking standard (e.g. Open Banking)?
- Is there a sandbox environment for the FCA Accounts Metrics API?
- What is the production URL for the FCA Accounts Metrics API?
- How do I register my application for the FCA Accounts Metrics API?
- What is the production URL?
- What is the URL to access Metro Bank's secure authentication portal?
- Which Account API should I use, previous or OB conformant?
- Which host URL I should use to obtain SSA and trigger register endpoint?
We have published AISP and PISP APIs closely inline with version 3.1.1 API specification of Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE).
Details of the overall process to consume the APIs can be found at our overview page. Detail information of the API contract can be found at our Our APIs section.
Yes. We have published the APIs on our Sandbox environment.
The host URL to access the account and payment APIs on sandbox is https://sandbox.metrobankonline.co.uk.
The host URL for strong customer authentication on sandbox is https://sandbox.metrobankonline.co.uk/identity/v1/authorize.
Metro Bank is registered with the Open Banking Implementation Entity (OBIE). Our version 3.1.1 Account and Payment API portfolios are currently closely in line with OBIE's read write API specification and we plan to align them in due course.
The on-boarding process is fully automated.
When your application makes a request to the /authorize resource, the customer is redirected to Metro Bank's secure authentication portal.
The customer shall provide any necessary account consent and payment initiation consent via the portal. When that process is complete your application can make further account information and payment initiation requests. The details of the authentication and authorization set up process can be found at the Authorisation and Authentication section.
As a company administrator, please navigate to Accounts after logging in to the Developer Portal and choose from the option to Accept or Reject the new developer's request to join your company.
If you are the first developer or your company administrator, you will receive automatic access upon registration. Any additional developers that have signed up would then need to go through an approval process by the company administrator, or whoever is the first developer to be signed up from the company.
No. We have not published any sandbox environment for this API as it is direct and straightforward.
The host URL for strong customer authentication on production is https://scapip.metrobankonline.co.uk/portalserver/psd2/authorize.
The host URL to access the account and payment APIs on production is https://api.metrobankonline.co.uk.
Our version 1.0 APIs are now deprecated, due to be decommissioned on 13 March 2020. We have a Test Facility available for version 3.1.1 Account and Payment APIs which are in line with OBIE’s read write specification. You need to specifically request this service with our support team during the registration process and they will guide you through the process.
Note that our Modified Customer Interface (MCI) solution will be our initial PSD2 conformant solution and available prior to our version 3.1.1 APIs.